On this episode of The Pitch Deck, we are excited to welcome our amazing guest, Adam Quinton, to the show. Adam is the Founder/CEO of Lucas Point Ventures, investing in and advising early stage companies. His focus is supporting diverse management teams. Adam comes from the world of investment banking, which gives him a unique perspective on what successful companies do to raise funds on both ends of the spectrum.
I invited Adam to share his wealth of investing knowledge and experience as well as actionable advice on the dos and don’ts of pitching, due diligence and relationship building. Listen in to discover new ways you can prepare for your next meeting with potential investors, how to entice them and much, much more… Don’t wait, press “Play” below!
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Adam’s background in investing.
- 3 things Adam looks for in early startups and founding teams.
- The importance of the “Why” in your story.
- The true purpose of your first meeting or your first pitch with an investor.
- Why detailed descriptions of products during pitches are a turn off for Adam.
- The importance of laying out all expectations on the table right of the bat.
Featured On The Show:
- Brad Feld’s blog
- Mark Suster’s blog
- David Teten’s blog
- Adam Quinton’s blog
- Venture Deals by Brad Felds
- Startup Land by Mikkel Svane
- The War that Ended Peace by Margaret MacMillan
- Connect with Adam on Twitter: @adamquinton
If you have questions about investing, early-stage capital raising, investor relationship and due diligence, post your question on The Pitch Deck Facebook Page. In our future episodes, we will read your questions and get feedback from our featured guests.