Today on The Pitch Deck, we have an amazing guest, Andrew Ackerman. Andrew is a serial entrepreneur and angel investor. He runs DreamIt’s accelerator program in NY and is always looking for great, accelerator-ready startups that DreamIt can help become viable, sustainable businesses.
Andrew joins us to share what DreamIt Ventures, the third largest business accelerator in the world, is doing in entrepreneurial ecosystem right now and how accelerators have filled a void in the funding continuum between early-stage Angel Investors and later-stage VCs. Tune in to find out how you can leverage what he’s doing and get involved with DreamIt Ventures. Check it out below…
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How Andrew, the “Rcovering Consultant,” became the Managing Director of DreamIt.
- 4 main criteria DreamIt Ventures looks for in startup companies.
- Why Andrew doesn’t believe in “Soft No’s.”
- Why DreamIt is more tolerant of first pitches than other accelerators.
- 4 things they look for in a pitch.
- What you can expect when you apply to and/or get accepted to DreamIt Ventures.
Featured On The Show:
- Connect with Andrew: Andrew@dreamit.com
- DreamIt Ventures
- Apply to DreamIt Ventures
- Mastering the VC Game by Jeffrey Bussgang
- Angel List
- Fred Wilson
- Mark Suster’s Both Sides of the Table
If you have questions about investing, early-stage capital raising, investor relationship and/or due diligence, tweet your question to @the_pitch_deck. In our future episodes, we will read your questions and get feedback from our featured guests.