On this episode of The Pitch Deck, we are talking to David Mendez, a general partner of Capital A Partners. Cap A Partners is a Charleston, South Carolina-based venture capital firm with international offices in Stockholm, Sweden and Santiago, Chile. The organization just recently announced its plans for a second fund for investing in early-stage opportunities in the Southeastern United States, the Nordic region of Europe and Latin America.
Join us as David gives us a peek into an investor’s mind and explains the dos and don’ts of the pitching process for startups. Discover the specifics of what companies can do in order to present themselves in a more appealing manner to VCs and what to watch out for during those presentations. Don’t miss this episode’s valuable advice that will put you on the right track to get the funding you are looking for.
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How David got into the venture capital game.
- The main prerequisites Cap A looks for in order to invest in a company.
- How companies get investors excited about their business.
- The potential mistakes many companies make during their pitch.
- What information investors are looking to hear and, more importantly, not hear, during a pitch.
- The importance of nurturing the relationship with investors after you have been funded.
- How long an ideal pitch should be.
- David’s advice for entrepreneurs before they start raising money for their business.
Featured On The Show:
- What Every Angel Investor Wants You to Know: An Insider Reveals How to Get Smart Funding for Your Billion Dollar Idea by Brian Cohen and John Kador
- The Pitch Deck Facebook Page
- National Venture Capital Association
- Pull: Marketing Secrets The Fortune 100 Use by Keith Chambers
- David Mendez: DMendez@capitalapartners.com
- Capital A Partners
If you have questions about investing, early-stage capital raising, investor relationship and due diligence, post your question on The Pitch Deck Facebook Page. In our future episodes, we will read your questions and get feedback from our featured guests.