On this episode of The Pitch Deck, I am excited to introduce a very special guest, Dori Howard. Dori is a former studio executive at Paramount Pictures and New Line Cinema, turned startup founder. Her last company, Milk and Honey, was a venture-backed eCommerce platform in the customization space that was acquired last summer. Dori is now keeping busy as a consultant in the space where tech and Hollywood overlap, and has recently launched her newest eCommerce venture, Wade and Belle.
Today, Dori joins us to share her experiences, from climbing the corporate ladder in the field she always dreamed of, to realizing that she needed to make a change, and just how she made that often scary leap. Dori also shares tips and insight that she gained from bootstrapping two of her business, that will help you bootstrap your own business, before you consider funding.
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Dori’s experience with moving from the corporate world to the startup world.
- Dori’s two fundraising schools of thought.
- The inspiration for Wade and Belle.
- How Dori bootstrapped her business.
- The pros and cons of bootstrapping a business.
Featured On The Show:
- Connect with Dori: Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook
- Milk and Honey
- Wade and Belle
- Launch Pad Accelerator
- How to Start a Startup Podcast
- This Week in Startups Podcasts
- The eMyth by Michael Gerber
- The Lean Startup by Eric Ries
If you have questions about investing, early-stage capital raising, investor relationship and/or due diligence, tweet your question to @the_pitch_deck. In our future episodes, we will read your questions and get feedback from our featured guests.