We are excited to welcome a true renaissance man to the show this week, Eliot Peper. Eliot is the author of the bestselling startup thriller trilogy, The Uncommon Series. When he’s not writing novels, he works with entrepreneurs and investors to build new technology businesses as a drop-in operator and adviser.
Eliot was an Entrepreneur-in-Residence at T2 Venture Capital, where he accelerated portfolio companies, sourced and vetted deals, and advised foreign governments on innovation policy and capital formation. Eliot joins us today to share his experiences and talk about the art of storytelling and your pitch. With his help, you can master the craft of storytelling to help you get the funding your business needs to grow and flourish.
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Eliot’s duties as an Entrepreneur-in-Residence at T2 Venture Capital.
- Why Eliot decided to write a startup fiction thriller.
- Why storytelling may be your most underdeveloped skill.
- The #1 thing that entrepreneurs are getting wrong in their pitches.
- Eliot’s three big tips for successful pitches.
Featured On The Show:
- Connect with Eliot: Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Medium | Email
- The Uncommon Stock: Version 1.0 by Eliot Peper
- The Uncommon Stock: Power Play by Eliot Peper
- The Uncommon Stock: Exit Strategy by Eliot Peper
- Storytelling for Startups by Eliot Peper
- Ground Metrics
- Feld Thoughts
- Venture Deals: Be Smarter Than Your Lawyer and Venture Capitalist by Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things: Building a Business When There Are No Easy Answers by Ben Horowitz
- The StartUp Podcast
If you have questions about investing, early-stage capital raising, investor relationship and/or due diligence, tweet your question to @the_pitch_deck. In our future episodes, we will read your questions and get feedback from our featured guests.