We’re very excited to welcome our today’s guest, Ellie Wheeler to The Pitch Deck. Ellie is a VC at Greycroft Partners in NYC. She spends most of her time focused on Series A investments across internet and mobile, most recently focused around commerce innovation, marketplaces, and mobile applications. She’s been in and around tech and investing for the last decade, with stints at later stage funds, corporates (like Cisco), and early stage funds. Ellie has now been at Greycroft in NYC for 4 years.
We invited Ellie to the show to talk about where she and Greycroft Partners fit into the ecosystem and where and how entrepreneurs can approach someone like them. Tune in for this phenomenal opportunity to get some insight into investors’ minds to help you to understand who’s sitting across the table and what they are thinking. Don’t miss Ellie’s incredible tips for successfully navigating through your Series A round of funding and getting your product out to the market.
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- What Ellie and Greycroft Partners are looking for in startups.
- Greycroft’s philosophy on investing and how they differ from other VC funds.
- Best practice for getting in touch and building a relationship with them.
- Ellie’s biggest pitch turn-offs.
- How startups can mess up their funding opportunities in the earlier rounds.
Featured On The Show:
- Connect with Ellie: Twitter | LinkedIn
- Greycroft Partners
- Platforms and Networks – a blog by Tom Eisenmann, Professor of Harvard Business School
- Let My People Go Surfing by Yvon Chouinard
If you have questions about investing, early-stage capital raising, investor relationship and/or due diligence, tweet your question to @the_pitch_deck. In our future episodes, we will read your questions and get feedback from our featured guests.