Our guest today is Evangelos Simoudis, the senior managing director at Trident Capital with over 15 years of experience as a Venture Capitalist. Trident Capital is a venture capital and growth equity firm investing in software, services and internet. They focus on companies addressing the major technology challenges facing today’s enterprise, including IT security, healthcare IT, cloud computing, and online and mobile customer interaction.
Prior to starting his career as a venture capitalist, Evangelos spent 20 years as a business operator including being the CEO of 2 startups. Using his experience and the PhD in computer science from Brandeis University and a BS in electrical engineering from Caltech, Evangelos has been successfully working with strong founding teams in the software and technology field.
Evangelos is here today to share his experiences both as an entrepreneur and a venture capitalist on how to be successful in the current market. He dives into how founders and their teams should work together to capitalize on their story, and most importantly, their solution. Evangelos provides valuable insight on how to make the perfect pitch to the handpicked investors that will be with you for the long haul.
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why Evangelos feels that founders need to plan on 7-10 years before an exit.
- How Evangelos became a venture capitalist.
- Why you need to focus on what you know.
- Why Evangelos only invests in his field.
- The #1 thing you need to do before you approach investors.
- How Evangelos’ investment philosophy has evolved.
Featured On The Show:
- Contact with Evangelos Simoudis: Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | Blog
- Elon Musk
- Tech Crunch
- Venture Beat
- Angel List
- Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future by Peter Thiel and Blake Masters
- Value Proposition Design: How to Create Products and Services Customers Want by Alexander Osterwalder
If you have questions about investing, early-stage capital raising, investor relationship and due diligence, post your question on The Pitch Deck Facebook Page. In our future episodes, we will read your questions and get feedback from our featured guests.