On this episode of the Pitch Deck, we are very excited to welcome Geri Stengel. Geri is the founder and president of Ventureneer, a market research and content marketing company that helps corporations reach small businesses through thought leadership. She is a former adjunct professor of entrepreneurship at The New School and a Kauffman FastTrac GrowthVenture facilitator.
Geri is an avid writer and a regular Forbes contributor who spent a majority of her corporate career as a researcher. Her ebook, Forget the Glass Ceiling: Build Your Business Without One, is a practical look at the barriers women face in starting new businesses. Through her writing and teaching, Geri has helped thousands of entrepreneurs take their vision to reality, develop their business plan and learn the strategies and tactics they need to grow their business.
Geri joins the show today to share how her company helps entrepreneurs worldwide take a fresh look at funding. Her most recent research report, Stand Out In the Crowd: How Women (and Men) Benefit from Equity Crowdfunding, has brought some surprising insight into the increasingly popular area of crowdfunding. Listen in as she explains her report’s findings from how women entrepreneurs are having equal success, if not more than their male counterparts, to why more and more angel investors are motivated to work with women founders.
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The global events that prompted Geri to start Ventureneer.
- Why it is an exciting time to be a woman entrepreneur raising money.
- The hidden funding opportunity that more women need to take advantage of.
- The three types of crowdfunding available to entrepreneurs.
- The best type of crowd funding for each type of business.
- How to create a compelling crowdfunding campaign.
Featured On The Show:
- Connect with Geri: Ventureneer | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube | Blog | Forbes
- Stand Out In the Crowd: How Women (and Men) Benefit from Equity Crowdfunding by Geri Stengel
- Forget the Glass Ceiling: Build Your Business Without One by Geri Stengel
- Center for Venture Research
- Kauffman FastTrac GrowthVenture
- Plum Alley
- Circle Up
- Astia Angels
- Women Presidents’ Organization
- Pipeline Fellowship
- 37 Angels
- Angel Resource Institute
- Real Food Blends
- Smarty Pants Vitamin
- Wonder Technology
- Good Clean Love
- Hint Water
If you have questions about investing, early-stage capital raising, investor relationship and/or due diligence, tweet your question to @the_pitch_deck. In our future episodes, we will read your questions and get feedback from our featured guests.