This time on The Pitch Deck, I welcome Grier Allen to the show. Grier is a technical software entrepreneur and the founder and CEO of BoomTown, a Charleston-based tech company. BoomTown offers a marketing web platform for brokerages and markets providing real estate professionals with software tools for increasing successful sales strategies. Grier’s company is a rapidly growing business that has seen triple-digit growth year over year since it was founded in 2006. BoomTown has been listed on the Inc 500’s list of fastest growing companies for three consecutive years, before looking for investors.
Grier joins me today to share his journey from his entrepreneurial upbringing to BoomTowns inception and the rise to success in a volatile economy. Learn how he and his partner had to take out 2nd mortgages on their homes to bootstrap their business and worked their way up to getting institutional funding for their company. With Grier’s valuable advice, you too can create a business where YOU are the one being courted by investors for the opportunity to invest in your company.
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The one thing to remember while in the research phase.
- Grier’s entrepreneurial journey to sucess.
- Why Grier spent a year doing research before starting BoomTown.
- The #1 thing to ask your target market.
- The information that changed Grier’s focus and made BoomTown a success.
- How Grier’s company was able to come out of the recession with triple-digit growth numbers prior to taking capital.
- What you need to do to have customers flocking to you.
- Grier’s key decision points to choosing his VC.
Featured On The Show:
- Connect with Grier: Twitter | LinkedIn | Blog
- Connect with BoomTown!: Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Google+
- Adams Street Partners
- Susquehanna Growth Equity
- Venture Deals by Brad Felds
- The Funded
- The Pitch Deck Episode #27 with Jason Mendelson
- Inman: Massaging The Pain Points: Jason Finneyfrock, real estate hacker
If you have questions about investing, early-stage capital raising, investor relationship and due diligence, post your question on The Pitch Deck Facebook Page. In our future episodes, we will read your questions and get feedback from our featured guests.