Today, we’re proud to have Jay Papasan on the show. Jay is a best-selling author as well as the co-owner (together with his wife) of the Papasan Real Estate Team with Keller Williams Realty in Austin Texas. Jay’s latest book, co-authored together with Gary Keller, The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results has made more than 150 appearances on the national bestseller lists including #1 on the Wall Street Journal bestseller list.
Join us as Jay shares his amazing journey and how he became a partner in a private equity firm. Jay explains how you can determine what your most important “One Thing” is and how you can incorporate it into your daily activities to help you achieve success. Discover what you can do with your business in order to stand out from the crowd to investors like Jay Papasan. Check it out below…
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Jay’s amazing journey to becoming became a partner in a private equity firm.
- How to find your “One Thing” and incorporate it into your story.
- The importance of having a plan for profitability.
- The most important prerequisites Jay looks for in startups.
- How they identify whether the founder is a good match for their firm.
- Why you should aim to have a clear trajectory in life and business.
- Jay’s golden tips for a successful pitch.
- Why you should always get feedback from multiple sources.
- The importance of researching case studies for your pitch.
Featured On The Show:
- The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
- Forbes Greatest Business Stories of All Time by Daniel Gross
- No One Succeeds Alone: A Memoir of Transformation by Lois Tiedemann and Lucas DeKoster
- Pitch Anything: An Innovative Method for Presenting, Persuading, and Winning the Deal by Oren Klaff
- Growth Hacker Marketing: A Primer on the Future of PR, Marketing, and Advertising by Ryan Holiday
- Give and Take: Why Helping Others Drives Our Success by Adam M. Grant
- The two free classes recommended on this episode (Empire Building and Career Visioning). They are generally offered once a quarter.
- The Business Development position and Keller Capital
- Connect with Jay Papasan: Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter
- Keller Capital Website
If you have questions about investing, early-stage capital raising, investor relationship and due diligence, post your question on The Pitch Deck Facebook Page. In our future episodes, we will read your questions and get feedback from our featured guests.