We are very excited to welcome our today’s guest Jessica Peltz to The Pitch Deck. Jessica is a Madison Avenue veteran turned Venture Capitalist. She’s spent over 10 years in the marketing world working with Fortune 500 brands such as Verizon Wireless, H&M, Kraft Foods, specializes in startup/brand collaborations. Jessica is a mentor at top accelerators such as ERA and Upwest Labs, and is now at KBS+ Ventures, a corporate VC that focuses on investing in early stage marketing technology.
Jessica joins us today to share how her skill set and background as a marketer, valuable to early stage startups, has helped her become a corporate VC. Jessica explains what startup teams can expect when seeking funding with KBS+ Ventures and and how that process differs from seeking funding with traditional VCs. We explore their expectations, motivations, policies, red flags, the value you can obtain from teaming up with them and anything else you need to know to get prepared for your fundraising campaign with a corporate VC. Check it out below…
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How Jessica became a corporate VC.
- How corporate VCs differ from traditional VC.
- What KBS+ Ventures looks for in startup teams.
- How to approach corporate VCs.
- The expectations of startups they invest in.
- What Jessica means by “Unconditional love, but conditional like.”
Featured On The Show:
- Connect with Jessica: Tweet @jessicapeltz with a hashtage #GavinRocks or #PitchDeck
- KBS+ Ventures
- Venture Beat
- Venture Deals by Brad Feld
- What Every Angel Investor Wants You to Know by Brian Cohen
If you have questions about investing, early-stage capital raising, investor relationship and/or due diligence, tweet your question to @the_pitch_deck. In our future episodes, we will read your questions and get feedback from our featured guests.