This week, we are excited to welcome legendary venture capitalist, John Frankel, to the show. John is the founding partner of FF Venture Capital and has been an early-stage investor since late 1999. John has served as a director of over 35 companies and an investor in more than 76 companies, including Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD on NASDAQ), Indiegogo, Ionic Security, Klout, SkyCatch, Plated, 500px, Distil Networks, and Bottlenose.
We always have wonderful guests, but it’s not often that we have a guest that has the wisdom, perspective and experience that John does. Leveraging his 20 years of experience from Goldman Sachs to the venture capital world, John helps his firm be uniquely poised to help founders grow their businesses. You don’t want to miss John’s actionable tips and advice that will help you find the right investor, be it angel or VC, for your growing business.
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How John started in venture capitalism
- Why venture capitalism garners so much attention.
- How John moved from 20 years at Goldman Sachs to starting his venture capital firm.
- The biggest reasons companies fail.
- How FF Venture Capital is different from other venture firms.
- How John’s firm selects their investments.
Featured On The Show:9
- Connect with John: FF Venture Capital | Twitter
- Angel List
- Goldman Sachs
- The Prize: The Epic Quest for Oil, Money & Power by Daniel Yergin
If you have questions about investing, early-stage capital raising, investor relationship and/or due diligence, tweet your question to @the_pitch_deck. In our future episodes, we will read your questions and get feedback from our featured guests.