Today, our amazing special guest on the show is Kelly Hoey. Kelly is a strategist, speaker, startup advisor and board member. A connection-maker, networking strategist and expert community builder, Kelly is known for her leadership in building valuable professional networks, understanding the dynamics of engaged communities and the how of raising visibility, online and off. She is also known for her boots-on-the ground leadership in supporting and investing in women. In 2011, Kelly co-founded Women Innovate Mobile, LLC (WIM), the first startup accelerator focused exclusively on fast-tracking the growth of early-stage mobile technology ventures with gender-diverse founding teams.
An angel investor, Twitter junkie and Chief Technology Ambassador for the YWCA of New York City…these are just a few of the hats that Kelly wears. She is also in the process of writing a book while continuing to actively advise and mentor early-stage companies. She was chosen among “1 of 5 Women Changing the World of VC/Entrepreneurship” of Forbes, “25 Smartest Women On Twitter” of Fast Company, “100 Most Influential Tech Women On Twitter” of Business Insider and “100 NYC Tech Influencers You Need To Know” of AlleyWatch.
Kelly joins us today to share her insights and perspectives on how startups can be successful in the funding game. On this unorthodox episode, we discuss networking and how creating strong alliances and being parts of certain groups can truly accelerate the growth and success of your company. Find out what you can start doing right now to bolster your online and offline networks and networking skills!
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Kelly’s amazing entrepreneurial journey and how she became an angel investor
- What networking truly is and what it entails.
- Why Kelly chooses to connect certain companies with investors.
- The importance of understanding how and why to connect two individuals.
- Why so many founders are not getting traction and introductions to investors.
- Kelly’s phenomenal networking tips for founders.
- How you can relieve some anxiety about going to a networking event.
Featured On The Show:
- Connect with Kelly: Linkedin | Twitter | Website
- With Startup Communications, There Is No Try, Only Do.
- inGenius: A Crash Course on Creativity by Tina Seelig
If you have questions about investing, early-stage capital raising, investor relationship and/or due diligence, tweet your question to @the_pitch_deck. In our future episodes, we will read your questions and get feedback from our featured guests.