Regardless if you are gearing up for your first pitch or your 100th, a successful pitch to investors is the result of a multitude of internal and external factors. However, the area that you have complete control over is how prepared and open you and your team are for the scrutiny to come. To aid you in this, I invited Lenna MacDonald on the show today. Lenna has been an active business advisor and investor for over 20 years and has served in a variety of business roles including executive, private company board member, external consultant and angel investor. Lenna is the Former Chief Strategy Officer, General Counsel and corporate secretary for Force Protection, Inc. which was acquired by General Dynamics Land Systems.
Lenna is an attorney by trade, and from her experiences working with both startups to huge corporations, as an executive or angel investor, Lenna has discovered key elements that can help you and your company to achieve success. Tune in to learn how you can take your business and your pitch to the next level, win the trust and support of your investors and cultivate that relationship for years to come!
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How Lenna became involved in angel investing.
- How she uses her passion for problem solving in her angel investing.
- Lenna’s sector-agnostic approach to choosing potential investments.
- Why Lenna prefers investing with a group of investors.
- The 2 things that Lenna looks for in a business.
- The basic elements of a great pitch.
- What business owners need to understand about angel investors.
Featured On The Show:
- The Pitch Deck Facebook Page
- Lenna MacDonald: LMacDonald@gmail.com
- Angel Investing: The Gust Guide to Making Money and Having Fun Investing In Startups by David Rose
- General Dynamics Land Systems
- Force Protection, Inc
If you have questions about investing, early-stage capital raising, investor relationship and due diligence, post your question on The Pitch Deck Facebook Page. In our future episodes, we will read your questions and get feedback from our featured guests.