Today, we have a special treat for all of our listeners out there. Our guest on this episode of The Pitch Deck is an expert in growth for consumer startups. Maud Pasturaud is currently leading growth at the anonymous mobile app, Secret. Prior to joining Secret she ran mobile and international growth marketing for the flash sales site Gilt Groupe and customer acquisition at Jetsetter.
If you are a founder and you are in technology, products or service, using data-driven user acquisition strategies is a must, and in today’s environment, there is always more and more data to be analyzed. Besides the usual sizing up of the founder and the founding team, most investors are always looking for this crucial data in order to determine if your company is the right match for them.
Maud joins us on the show today to discuss the topics of user acquisition and growth which happen to be sticking points in investor pitches for many founders. Tune in to find out how to handle these investor conversations. Don’t miss this value-packed episode!
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- What growth is and why it is important for startups.
- Three main things investors look at.
- Maud’s customer acquisition tactics.
- The mistakes startups make in regards to growth.
- Everything you need to know about making a “Splash” in the marketplace with your product.
- Key metrics for analyzing your product market fit.
Featured On The Show:
- Connect with Maud Pasturaud : Website | Twitter
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman
- Contagious by Jonah Berger
- Brian Balfour’s Coelevate
- Alex Schultz: APIs
- Andrew Chen’s blog
- The Viral Loop by Adam L. Penenberg
- The Lean Startup by Eric Ries
If you have questions about investing, early-stage capital raising, investor relationship and/or due diligence, tweet your question to @the_pitch_deck. In our future episodes, we will read your questions and get feedback from our featured guests.