Our special guest, Porter Haney, joins us today to share his amazing experiences. Porter is the CEO and co-founder of Wedgies.com, a next generation online social polling platform. Like their predecessors, Gallup and Survey Monkey, Wedgies helps increase engagement on social media and gives users around the world a chance to express their opinions.
We invited Porter to talk about his amazing journey through two rounds of fundraising. He shares some incredible knowledge and resources that even I haven’t heard of before and am excited to take advantage of. We also discuss how creating trust and building a relationship with a potential VC or Angel can make a profound difference in whether you get funded or not. Check it out below…
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- What makes Wedgies.com the next generation of polling platforms.
- When Porter and his co-founder realized they needed to raise money.
- Porter’s strategy for raising capital and still maintaining control of his company.
- Why Porter chose notes as his fundraising vehicle in both rounds.
- How Porter tracked and determined the best potential investors.
Featured On The Show:
- Connect with Porter: Email | Twitter | Wedgies.com
- Vegas Tech Fund
- Angel List
- Shai Goldman at SVB
- The Score Takes Care of Itself: My Philosophy of Leadership by Bill Walsh and Steve Jamison
- Survey Monkey
If you have questions about investing, early-stage capital raising, investor relationship and/or due diligence, tweet your question to @the_pitch_deck. In our future episodes, we will read your questions and get feedback from our featured guests.