Many founders out there ask themselves questions like: “How do I get out of this company?” or “How do I get aquired?” Today, we are taking the show in a slightly different direction and talk about planning for an exit.
We are very excited to welcome our guest, Sarah Kunst, an entrepreneur, investor, advisor and philanthropist. She is currently a partner at Fortis, on the investor board of Venture for America and an advisor to startups Adventr and Blownaway App and accelerators Mergelane and Boost.vc. Sarah has been recognized for her work in Business Insider as a “30 Under 30” and as a Top African-American in Tech and Marie Claire Magazine named her a “Young Gun to watch.”
Tune in for this exciting interview with Sarah about setting up your company for acquisition. Discover the lessons, strategies and tools Sarah has learned over years of experience dealing with different startups. Find out how you can prepare and strategically position your company to be acquired in the future. Check it out below…
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Sarah’s unique journey to becoming an angel investor.
- The conversations you should have with your team early on about a potential exit.
- The reason big companies buy startups instead of building an approximation of a product.
- The vehicles for exiting a company.
- What “aquihire” and “asset sale” are, how they work and how you can use these tools to help you exit.
- The importance of taking the meetings (not missing out on) with larger companies.
- Sarah’s killer strategy for anticipating and actively looking for someone to acquire your company.
Featured On The Show:
If you have questions about investing, early-stage capital raising, investor relationship and due diligence, post your question on The Pitch Deck Facebook Page. In our future episodes, we will read your questions and get feedback from our featured guests.